776 East 2nd Ave Ecosphere project
Durango, Colorado 81301
January 25, 2010
To whom it Concerns:
This letter is intended as a professional reference for the The McCullough Group and for Sam McCullough. I hired Sam to remodel the building I purchased on the corner of E 2nd Ave and 8th St. The building was badly in need of remodeling and repair (leaking roof, plumbing issues, water damage, etc.), all of which I wanted to be completed in less than 5 months. I highly recommend Sam as a prime contractor for large construction projects for the following reasons:
- Sam was always on time for any meetings we had associated with the project and demonstrated flexibility to meet with me at my convenience;
- The work on the Ecosphere building was completed at nearly $15,000 under budget. Related, Sam was always proactive to keep me apprised of budget status and project timelines. He was also very good acquiring multiple subcontractor bids and clearly explained the differences in subcontractor approaches and costs and made sound recommendations regarding subcontractor selection.
- Throughout the building process Sam continually found ways to cut costs based on more efficient and cost effective materials then the architectural plans reflected while still achieving the same look and quality in the end. He readily provided a variety of materials samples (bricks, paint samples, plaster textures, etc.) for my consideration prior to their being installed.
- The project was completed in 8 weeks allowing me to move my staff into the renovated space 2 months ahead of our original schedule;
- Our contract was based on cost plus billing and was always very transparent. There were no unrealistically low allowances or contingencies.